Welcome to my blog!

Hi there!

This blog is related to my autobiography DMD Life art and me plus there will be non related posts. I have the disease Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and that has left me in a near paralyzed state, I wrote this book in 10 months using one finger clicking one mouse button on one on screen keyboard! Be a follower by clicking in the box on the right and you'll get every new post I make. Feel free to join in with your comments and enjoy!

Ian,

Author and Digital Artist

Thursday 12 January 2012

Changing seasons

Do changing seasons affect those with DMD? Do seasonal differences really matter to those with DMD? Are colds a nuisance to those with DMD or potentially life threatening?

Wonder no more as we explore todays topic!

Hello everyone! Another winters day moves on! Before long spring will be upon us and these changes of season can be a dreaded time for someone with DMD as colds seem to attack then. They are so dangerous, one cold could be enough to bring on pneumonia and worse, especially the older the person is. One such event ten years ago left me in intensive care 3 times in a year! Just from a small cold. Being vigilant is absolutely a must! Read about this event that nearly proved too much for my life in my book DMD Life art & me and buy here; http://duchennemen.net16.net/buymybook.html

So monitoring colds and illness is a must these days, if you have DMD don't accept poor monitoring. It really is life threatening to miss out on this vital cog of DMD care, believe me the lack of monitoring I received was definitely a huge factor 10 years ago! Please explore this for yourself in my book DMD Life art & me.
Available worldwide!

Until tomorrow, stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment