Welcome to my blog!

Hi there!

This blog is related to my autobiography DMD Life art and me plus there will be non related posts. I have the disease Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and that has left me in a near paralyzed state, I wrote this book in 10 months using one finger clicking one mouse button on one on screen keyboard! Be a follower by clicking in the box on the right and you'll get every new post I make. Feel free to join in with your comments and enjoy!

Ian,

Author and Digital Artist

Tuesday 10 January 2012

First Post

Hi there, My name is Ian Griffiths and I've written a book all about my life living with a devastating disease called Duchenne muscular dystrophy. It Chronicles the first 25 years of my life, battling the disease that hardly anyone has heard of. On some occasions people mistake muscular dystrophy for multiple sclerosis, but the diseases are totally different. Duchenne is a X linked recessive disease that attacks the muscles from within the cell. Due to a lack of dystrophin, the cells gradually die and turn in to adipose and connective tissue that is becoming unusable. People with Duchenne usually go in to a wheelchair between the ages of 8 – 12. By the time they are 16 they will need to use cough assisting technology to help them remove secretions. Usually by they are 19 they need to use a ventilator to help them breathe. Death sadly occurs in the 20's on average. Sometimes death comes earlier but rarely a few people manage to make it into middle age.


Most days I will be updating this blog with small articles promoting my book and where you can buy it.

Please keep following,

Kindest regard,

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment