Welcome to my blog!

Hi there!

This blog is related to my autobiography DMD Life art and me plus there will be non related posts. I have the disease Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and that has left me in a near paralyzed state, I wrote this book in 10 months using one finger clicking one mouse button on one on screen keyboard! Be a follower by clicking in the box on the right and you'll get every new post I make. Feel free to join in with your comments and enjoy!

Ian,

Author and Digital Artist

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Just what do you mean paralysis?

FREE ebook still available for your viewing pleasure!!!!  17 days left!!!! Time is ticking!

Just what do you mean paralyzed?

I'm always uneasy when saying 'I'm kinda paralyzed'. Paralysis has connotations of someone completely unable to move, having no sensation below a certain point. Well that's not true for DMD. I've coined a term of Duchenne's induced paralysis (not sure if I'm the first to do that), which I characterize as someone who has sensation and very limited movement, like just a few fingers etc.

It's unfortunate using that term but paralysis is so very close to the condition some older adults with DMD find themselves in. Just remember we can feel and may have some movement too!

Extract;
... I definitely needed a one-to-one carer as I was in a wheelchair full time and gradually becoming paralysed because of my DMD...

Every time I mention paralysis just think Duchenne's induced paralysis! Read all about my gradual declining movement in my book DMD LIFE ART & ME!

Please visit here to buy my paperback version; http://duchennemen.net16.net/Buy-my-book-s/


Don't forget my FREE e-book offer!!!!! For one month only until the 26th of May the e-book version of DMD LIFE ART & ME is FREE, you can get your FREE version here; https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/69702

Only 17 days left!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment